Introduction and Guarantees
- Business Furniture Solutions (BFS) does its best to ensure that the products purchased are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
- It is for this reason that BFS offers a guarantee on all goods purchased online through our website.
- This guarantee covers manufacturing defects and subject to the terms of the relevant manufacturer where applicable and excludes fair wear and tear.
- The products supplied by BFS shall be suitable only for the purpose designed and intended and the customer shall ensure the products are handled, stored, installed, and used, or otherwise dealt with in a normal and reasonable manner, and where applicable, in a manner consistent with the instructions given when the products were purchased.
- For additional information, inclusions, and exclusions regarding our guarantees, please view our full terms and conditions here
- Our intention is not to sell faulty or damaged items however, for reasons beyond our control, this may occur from time to time.
- BFS shall not be liable for any action or claims for injury or damages of whatever nature arising from or in connection with use of the products.
- If a customer is not completely satisfied, the customer can return the product to us and we will either repair, replace it, or provide a refund, subject to the below terms and conditions.
- Damaged goods are items that have patent or immediately visible faults, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
- Upon receipt of any BFS order through a courier service or where the goods are being collected from a BFS warehouse, the customer or receiving party should inspect the parcels packaging for any sign of damage.
- Where goods have been damaged in transit and there is any visible damage to the packaging upon receipt of the parcel, the customer should not accept the package unless the damage to the parcel is minor and has not penetrated the packaging enough to cause any consequential damage to the goods.
- Should the customer determine that there is damage to the goods then the parcel must be immediately returned with the courier delivering the parcel or handed back to the warehouse dispatch clerk, and a replacement item will be supplied.
- If the parcel has been accepted and subsequently any patent damage is only noticed subsequent to unwrapping the goods, the customer shall notify BFS of the damaged goods within 7 (seven) days of deliver by sending photographic evidence of the damage to email@example.com assessment before a replacement item will be supplied.
- In these above cases the customer returning damaged items will be supplied a suitable replacement, subject to the following conditions:
- Original proof of purchase (order number, invoice, or delivery note) is presented
- The item being returned must include the original packaging
- The item may not be altered or tampered with in any way
- The customer follows the claim process accordingly and timorously.
- Any product taken outside of South Africa must be returned to South Africa at the customer’s cost in the event of any Damage claims.
Defective or Faulty Goods under Guarantee
- Defective or faulty goods are items that have a latent material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
- Goods that are found to be defective or faulty, still fall within the original guarantee period, and satisfy all the conditions of this policy will be repaired or replaced at no charge to the customer.
- Should the product be out of guarantee, the product will be returned for assessment. If the product can be repaired, BFS will provide a quote for the necessary repairs. Repairs will not be undertaken without prior consent of the customer, who is then responsible for the payment of the necessary repairs as per the quoted amount.
- The following will NOT be regarded as patent or latent defects and will not entitle a customer to a return under this section for repair at no cost:
- damage arising from wear and tear
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product.
- We reserve the right to either repair or exchange an item submitted for guarantee purposes. In the event where the item cannot be repaired, it may be exchanged with a replacement item that is identical, or where the exact same model or product is no longer available, with an item of similar value.
- Any product taken outside of South Africa must be returned to South Africa at the customer’s cost in the event of any claims.
- A customer may cancel an order prior to BFS sending the order shipping notification.
- Should a customer wish to cancel an order after we have sent out the order shipping notification, and thus BFS have subsequently incurred shipping costs, the shipping fee will be deducted from the refund. This applies even in cases where BFS offers free delivery to the customer on the sale of the items as this shipping cost is factored into the selling price of the goods.
- In the event of goods unavailability of stock or delayed delivery for whatever reason, the customer will be notified of the delay. Should a customer be unwilling to wait the extended period of the delay and wish to cancel the affected items BFS will refund these delayed items.
- Should a customer wish to cancel and return an order once delivery has already taken place, BFS
- will credit the item subject to the following conditions:
- Original proof of purchase (order number, invoice or delivery note) is presented.
- The item being returned must include the original packaging.
- The item has not been damaged, altered, assembled, or tampered with in any way.
- The item is not missing parts or components or accessories.
- The cancellation request is received by BFS within 7 days from receipt of goods.
- The original shipping cost will not be refunded. This applies even in cases where BFS offers free delivery to the customer on the sale of the items as this shipping cost is factored into the selling price of the goods.
- A handling / restocking fee of no less than 25% will be deducted from the sale price.
- The customer returns the goods at his/her own cost to the BFS warehouse in Johannesburg.
- Special orders, made to order goods or orders where BFS has procured a large quantity of goods specifically for a customer, will not be cancelled, credited, or refunded.
- Refunds may take up to 14 (fourteen) days from date of receipt of returned goods, subject to the return meeting the criteria for a refund. Where BFS has determined deductions or surcharges to be deducted from the refund, such amounts shall be communicated to the customer and only after agreement on the final refund amount has been reached will refunds be processed for payment.
- Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
- Any approved exchange, credit or refund of a particular product shall apply to that product only and not any other products purchased from us at the same or at another time, regardless of whether the other items were purchased to match or compliment this product.
- In cases where all the requirements for a refund are not met, BFS may, but will not be obligated to, extend latitude on the matter where the customer may nevertheless be compensated, this may be in the form of an on-line voucher – BFS will issue you with a voucher to the value of the refund and this voucher can be redeemed against future online purchases.
- Any refund paid to your credit card, depending on your bank, can take up to seven (7) working days to reflect in your bank account.
- EFT – BFS is able to process an EFT, however depending on the product involved in the refund, this can take up to 7 working days to process and up to an additional seven (3) days to reflect in your bank account depending on the bank and the day of week. Proof of payment of the EFT will be emailed to you.
- EFT refunds will only be processed if a valid proof of account and ID has been supplied. This is for the safety of both parties.
If you are uncertain about any aspects relating to our Returns and exchanges Policy, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .